Ronda under my skin….

Rarely has a town touched me so deeply! 

The history is complex, but the beauty in and around takes my breath away. Listening to the guitars playing

….tourists and locals mixing ….lots of dogs and cats, sunshine and peace amongst spring flowers, rocks and old, old, old stories oozing from the walls humans build and the extreme surrounding gorge/stones nature build. It all brings heat to my cheeks, pushing tears to my eyes and I feel anciently good.

Lots of climbing to get here…not like the Andes, but we are 10 years older now and 5100f (1500m) at often 10% slope in 60km is more than we have cycled in the past 2 years. It was tough and the last 15km bordered on “%#*~<&%”. Again, we had food to hold us over which included plenty of chocolate provision, of course. We rested the night before in a nice campground near town. Sweet entrance to a city that deserves one’s full attention riding the full glory in the morning light, rested, excited and happily overwhelmed, because what I saw and felt way exceeded my expectations. Maybe I was just ready to be shook up…needle-pinned, poked and spun around.  

Going deeper into the history  -learning about the battles/wars/slavery and such can give you the creeps any time…another day another story….but today I am staying on the bright side.

Forecast says heavy rain for the next two days…..guess we are staying put, gosh darn it. The store around the corner has Ben&Jerry’s ice cream…



Comments